My Prologue

Write what you know.

That’s what I’m told. I’ve heard that everyone has a story inside them to share. I’ve been told that no one can tell my story quite like me.

So as I sit back and ponder these words, I have to ask myself, what do I know?

I know the pain and sting of rejection. That feeling that I wasn’t good enough, especially when being my real self.

I know the grip of fear. The paralyzing realization that I cannot stop mistakes, pain, or hurt from happening to myself or the ones I love, whether real or imagined.

I know the shame of admitting that I don’t have enough: enough resources, enough time, and enough intelligence, even at times enough perseverance.

I know the hurt of brokenness. I am too familiar with the hurts that exists due to the selfishness of others as well as the ones that exist due to self-centeredness of my own.

I know the emptiness of loneliness. There’s a kind that keeps me busy day in and day out, constantly pouring my heart out, yet feeling as if I’m not really being seen in the midst of my toil.

I know the confusion of doubts; the questions that echo in the heart that no one can answer. The ones that ring so deep and clear, I’ve wondered if I’ll ever be able to shut them out.

I know the whispers of hope. The echoes in the wind that urge me forward, telling me to believe and trust that my story is not over.

I know the allure of beauty. I’ve encountered paths that bid me come closer and see and taste the delights offered within.

I know the freedom of forgiveness. I’ve made mistakes and done many a wrong, and nothing has set me free greater that the hurts ones who have offered me mercy.

I know the passion of love. The fierce and strong ties that boldly declare: you are wanted; you are mine.

I know the mystery of faith. The indelible stirrings deep inside that evoke me forward with belief based on something intangible. 

I know that as much as I know, there is so much more that I don’t know. There is so much more to be lived, to be experienced, to be exposed to.

So as I aspire to one day “tell my story like only I can” I’ll start with this little list. I’ll start with writing what I know.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lid

Well Said

PTSD: A 6 Month Update