Light in the Window

Some weeks back I had the fortunate opportunity of going away for a Mom's retreat.

What I envisioned and expected was to spend a weekend with other Moms (of children who have special needs) in some sort of hotel or inn setting. Probably sharing a room. I also expected to have some sessions for crafting and talking and whatever my past experiences of retreats have been. 

I hadn't expected to experience a weekend of such luxury. There were only 4 of us women present and we stayed t a luxurious upscale home on the beach. We're talking private pool, hot tub, and beach access. Full body messages, delicious dinners, and a wonderful evening boat trip. All were amazing. But the most luxurious part of all was the invitation to rest. I was asked to lay my burdens down and just rest. I slept in. Breakfast and coffee awaited me when I awoke. I took a stroll on the beach alone with my thoughts. Oh it was a haven to say the least.

We each had our own room. The room I stayed in had a beautiful stained glass window in the bathroom. In the evening, the picture in the window was evident, though it was a shadow of its true beauty. It was greyed and perhaps not very exciting at first glance.

But in the morning, the sun came and shone through the window. The full brilliance of the stained glass image came alive! It captivated me.

Often I pass through the photos on my phone and think of the window. I smile at having had the privilege to see what a difference light makes to transform a picture that's open and waiting.

Sometimes I look at my life. I see stresses and problems. I see taut nerves and bags under my eyes. I see more bills than money and more exhaustion than I expected.

Then like that morning sun, the light of God shines through the window of my heart. The brilliance of his love and joy replace the tired and the grey. I experience the beauty in the laughter of my children. I enjoy the blessing of my beautiful home. I bathe in the acceptance and camaraderie of my friendships. My perspective shifts... when I let His love shine through.

If you are feeling just a bit grey. Just a bit discouraged. Maybe a bit hopeless or down. Just remember with the dawn, His
mercies are new. His light is rising to radiate in and through you in ways you didn't know was possible. So hang in there. The light on your window is rising!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lid

Well Said

PTSD: A 6 Month Update