A Year of Learning

If I had to sum up 2013 in one sentence, it'd be: A year of learning.


I've learned what it means to acknowledge my limitations and respect them in order to be a healthy person.

I've learned what it means to let go of self imposed expectations that are unrealistic and unyielding. 

I've learned what it means to accept, embrace, and love my child with a "special needs" diagnosis. I've learned that while his condition may affect some areas of his life, it is largely inconsequential to the amazing little boy he is.

I've learned that there are entirely too many kids fighting sickness, disease, poverty, enslavement, and other difficulties. I am praying for God to show me what I can do to help. Until then, I simply pray for them... 

I've learned to be honest with faults and share them with others.

I've learned to form amazing friendships with women I have yet to meet in person, but have a shared community of love and family through our similar life experiences.

I've learned to be kinder to myself.

I've learned that being a Mommy of two young children is very hard work and my admiration for single mothers has grown exponentially.

I've learned that I can run 3 miles with consistent training and encouragement.

I've learned that not having a plan can lead to peace if I take things day by day.

I've learned that surrendering my burdens to God and trusting in Him through faith and obedience has been liberating.

I've learned that there are so many people who are ready and willing to champion the causes of perfect strangers. That has been a beautiful and inspiring thing to watch.


Mostly, I've learned that I have so much more to learn.

I have no clue was 2014 will bring. I have hopes, desires, and resolutions. But most of all, I stand with open hands and an open heart, waiting to see what amazing things God has for me in 2014.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lid

Navigating My PTSD : Back on Track to a Healthier Me

PTSD: A 6 Month Update