Whiny Pants

I complain entirely too much. I know I do. I'm sure somewhere out there in the FB world someone has chosen to hide all my whiny posts cluttering up their news feeds unnecessarily.

Can you blame them? I sure don't.

For those of you who read, respond, and encourage- thank you! 

I do so in part because- well- I've never been one to keep silent. Sometimes that is a blessing and other times it's a curse. That all depends on whoever is at the receiving of the conversation!

Sometimes I just want any mom out there like me, who feels like they'll lose it if they hear that musical toy play one more time, that they are not alone. I know I don't hear other moms whine or complain as much as I do and sometimes feel like a crazy-can't-get-it-together-mom. So I also share to commiserate with all you Mommas who LOVE your children and want to do right by them, but are going batty in the process! (Or you Dads, if that's the case)

Maybe I do complain too much about how exhausting it is having 2 small children. Honestly, there has been a day or two when I wondered If I was going to make it!  

I used to want 3 .. but now I think it would be in the best interest of my 2 current children to limit my crankiness and frustrations to their lifespans instead of expanding it for a longer period of time! 

I wonder what bits of advice my 54 year old self will tell my 34 year old self. I am sure I'll wish I played more and complained less. l am sure I would tell myself to cherish this time with them while they are so small. I'm sure I'd remind myself that things get easier as they get more independent.  I also think I'd point out to myself that these days are what taught me the most about my limitations and priorities. 

I am currently telling my 54 year old self that I'll try. Try to keep the rough days in perspective. Try to be kinder to myself, my kids, and others. Try to complain less and count my blessings more. I'll try.

In the meantime, I'll drink a glass of wine and follow with a good night's sleep. And ask the Lord for better subjects to blog about. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lid

Well Said

PTSD: A 6 Month Update